If you have the entrepreneurial spirit in you, there is no looking back. Despite all of the high-tech start-ups or big ventures that need huge funding, there are still plenty of small business options out there. These businesses neither require you to know the difference between CSS and QR codes nor do they need huge investments. All you need is a passion for doing something worthwhile and you are good to go.
Let’s have a look at 15 low cost business ideas.
- Graphic Designer: If you like working on your own and are a creative soul then freelance graphic design can be a great way to make a living for you. With e-commerce on an upswing, demand for graphic designers is on a rise.
- Coders: If you are the kind of person who has all the patience in the world to be meticulous and is detail-oriented then this is the career for you. It is a niche skillset, which has high demand.
- Online Retail Consigners: This is an interesting thing to do. Often we get bored with our clothes or there are other unused things like toys, accessories, books etc. Online consignment offers you a great opportunity to make money, selling them through a completely virtual process instead of trashing them.
- Instagram Consultants: Online marketing is the new traditional marketing now and many businesses are using Instagram to promote their products and services. If you have a flair for such thing, some basic marketing knowledge and a smartphone with a good digital camera, this is the right field for you.
- Writers: A good command over the language, focused, organised and able to go with the flow is a recipe for a good writer. All you need besides your motivation is a bit of networking to get projects. If you already have a good command over the language, just look out for some content writing tips from the professionals.
- Landscape Photographers: If you love photography and have access to high-quality digital camera, opportunities are enormous for you. You can click for websites, you can sell your prints to whosoever is interested and also if you want you can start classes for other aspiring photographers.
- Business and Life Counsellor: If you have great listening skills, calm demeanour and empathise with people, then you can be a business and life counsellor. If you think you have that ability to internalise events, closely listen to others and make them feel great, then this is an apt low cost business for you.
- Online Blogger: Another lucrative low-cost business opportunity for people who love writing, editing, copywriting and marketing! All you need to do is create content that keeps readers engaged and meet your client’s goal.
- College Application Advisors: In this era, when children fill numerous forms to get a good college, being a college application advisor is a good option. Helping students explore educational options, having a list of colleges, their admission pre-requisites, helping them narrow down their options and finally helping them to get through the application process is what you need to do.
- Online Tutors: People have been giving classes since long, but creating your own online tutoring business is a great way where you can earn sitting at home. You have the option of working flexible hours. Follow this link for a guide to start online tutoring.
- Dog Walking Service: In cities, people love to have dogs, but normally they are hard pressed for time. If you love hanging out with dogs, you can offer your services as a dog walker. As it is a localised service, you need to put some flyers initially and later it will work by word of mouth.
- Video Conference and Board Room Facilities: What if you have space, a bit of capital and expertise? You can convert your space into board room or video conference facility. There are many SMEs that need this facility, but making one of their own is not feasible for them. You can earn substantially by hiring your facility to such enterprises.
- Dietary Consultancy Services: People are generally worried about what they should eat and are always ready to spend bucks if someone can guide them on it. If you are healthy yourself and have a fair knowledge about eating habits and diet charts then you can plan to start dietary consultancy service.
- Babysitting: With the continuous rise in the population of working women, a business of baby-keeping in any big city is bound to flourish.
- Home Cooked Meals: If you love cooking, you can prepare meals for clients and get them delivered. They will be happy to get home cooked meals.
- There is no dearth of ideas. All you need is the zeal to be an entrepreneur and you will definitely get something that suits your calibre. Even if you start small and do it with passion, you will always find means and ways to make it big